Sometimes So Strange, Sometimes So Sweet, Sometimes So Lonely...

the wild child in me

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Seeds of Kindness

Like I always naively believe that everyone is borned to be kind innately. Not one person is totally bad or despicable. And that when everyone should learn to reciprocate the kindness that is shown by others to them. Mutual exchange of kind acts, I say.

And so with that belief I cling dearly to in my heart, I learn to be nice and kind whenever possible, even with strangers. Little acts of kindness touch lives. Or at least to me they do. One kind act usually earns another because others learn to appreciate the act and get touched by the sincerity.

And that is why I am often puzzled and hurt at the same time when I find myself in situations where some people abuse my kindness and take it for granted I'll continue to be nice and maybe even nicer. Why don't they understand I am not this silly, dumb, obliging person who will sit when they want me to and run when they need me to? I know how to feel, to decide when not to be nice or to be kind. Receiving all and not even giving in return is such a damn selfish act. And seriously don't you start judging me and putting on labels on me when one fine day I decide that's enough and I am not helping anymore.

And of course, I won't stop being unkind or nasty. That will be going against my life principles and depriving of those who are more worthy of my kindness. It may get frustrating and hurting at times. But hey, I will continue to live by my beliefs i.e. kindness begets kindness. And of course, Hell to those who abuse kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home