Sometimes So Strange, Sometimes So Sweet, Sometimes So Lonely...

the wild child in me

Monday, July 30, 2007

So so in love with this song my dear PY sent me. A reallly simple song with only just the accompaniment of a piano and a soulful voice….both the melody and the lyrics are hauntingly beautiful, so haunting that it just keeps on playing on repeat mode in my mind…every word touches a chord in the heart…just so how many of these “almost lovers” that walk in our lives and leave almost silently and stealthily…and the quiet and silent shattering of the many hearts echoed long and hard…maybe not as hard as those ex-es but enough to make hearts ache…

Please take a minute to look at the lyrics. And immerse yourself in the nostalgic, no matter little or much, that this song would bring you…

http://www.videodrift.com/music-videos/a-fine-frenzy/almost-lover.html

Almost Lover
A Fine Frenzy

Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind
Images
You sang me Spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes
Clever trick

Well, I never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me
Images
And when you left, you kissed my lips
You told me you would never, ever forget
These images

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do
I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind S
o you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine

Did I make it that
Easy to walk right in and out Of my life?

[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home