Sometimes So Strange, Sometimes So Sweet, Sometimes So Lonely...

the wild child in me

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Welcome to the REAL corporate world. Goodbye to my safe comfort zone.
Welcome to the world of networking and socialising. Goodbye to the quiet me.
Welcome to the world of overly-friendly (and usually insincere) handshakes and smiles.
Welcome to the world where making small talks and little jokes with strangers is a art that you have to master, if not, die.

And for once (or rather it's the final call) in my life, I need to say goodbye to the nice cosy shell of defense that I have been hiding in for the past few decades. So out I have to crawl and embrace the sunlight. How naked it is to be out there, far away from my comfort zone. It's the fear of drowning im experiencing right now. And to have to learn to be someone i never think i can and will like to be.

It's all about learning. Learning to speak up, learning to make small talks, learning to laugh along at the little jokes and learning to talk to strangers as if you have known them for years.

How long will it take me to master and perfect this skill? That's something that is very much bothering me. overwhelming in fact, for someone who so fresh out-of-school like me. And talk about the high expectations im required to meet.

Sigh. I really don't know how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home