Sometimes So Strange, Sometimes So Sweet, Sometimes So Lonely...

the wild child in me

Friday, November 30, 2007

Bright I Was

Little did it occur to me that I have been tagging along friends' dates with their beloveds. Probably that's an indication that more friends are getting attached and the population of single friends are on the decrease. Is this some omen to say it's time to find a partner and settle down in a few years' time?



And Saturday (24th Nov) the party of us three caught Pillowman at DBS Arts Centre. Fantastic is simply not enough to describe the script and the performance. Terrific, brilliant, witty and extremely powerful! Extremely exhilarating to witness such a passionate performance. The dark humour amidst the tension was brilliant. Definitely not the typical storyline we would have expected. The little twists in the fairytales were enough to make you cringe and squirm in your seat and the little comic strip animations helped to add on to the tension. Perfect!

Dinner was at Aston's at East Coast Road. Famous for it's steaks and char-grilled meat, this is one place that is surprisingly affordable and decent. Never was I that satisfied with my potato salad and baked potato. The BBQ chicken chop I had was done just right. Juicy and tender. The thought of it is enough to make me drool. For $8.10, I had a satisfying meal of chicken chops, 2 delicious sides of potato salad and baked potato (see? I'm such a carbo manic!), completed with a bottle of diet cranberry Snapple. Hoho I was one satisfied and happy glutton. Oh not to forget the few mouthfuls of luxuriously flavoured chocolate ice cream from Awfully Chocolate I had before dinner. Sigh. Any thought of going on a diet just terrifies the hell out of me and I have decided that I shall be happy growing more and more prosperous-looking. LOL

The joy of having a chauffeur (totally no service charge at all) is you can navigate around parts of Singapore that are usually inaccessible if not for a car, without even lifting a finger. Talk about convenience. Ha! All that was to do is to decide where to go and our dear Mr Chauffeur will send us without any slightest grumbling. Thanks, Mr Chauffeur! You know how much we adore you. Muack! heeeeeeeeee

Marina South Pier is such a perfect love nest for lovers. No crowds, just a few couples cuddling close to each other and a few small clusters of uncles fishing along the coast. The sea was especially calming and the night was cooling due to the light sea breeze. Even the atmosphere was extraordinarily, overwhelmingly romantic. To the point that I nearly suffocated from all the lovey dovey-ness. The parqueted floor, with dim bluish light completing alluringly romantic setting. Man, I was like one hell of a huge light bulb, shining ever so brightly with Energizer batteries. And of course, my sensitivity got better of me and I crept away to the other corner to let the love birds enjoy their romantic moment and whatever sweet nothings there might be.

Next was a nice ride around the happening Dempsey area. Bursting full of nightlife, the used-to-be ghost town was packed with part-goers and the parking was just as bad. Amidst all, it is indeed a proof of the colourful nightlife that is picking up in SG.

The night ended perfectly with supper at Adam Food Centre. Although the serving of the non-that-tasty rojak was minute and not worth the money, it was the company that made up for everything. Thanks to our dear Mr Chauffeur and our vehicle's mistress, I had the most wonderous night and really beautiful company. Oh yes, mr Chauffeur, that $1.50 is really just a token of appreciation ok? haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home