Sometimes So Strange, Sometimes So Sweet, Sometimes So Lonely...

the wild child in me

Friday, August 11, 2006

Jewel

I have always been a fan of Jewel, ever since I was introduced to her very first album by a very much respected secondary school teacher. Pieces of you was the very first song I fell in love with. So glad Jewel released her latest album lately and she's back to her country/folk style. Here's some excepts from her latest hit, Goodbye Alice In Wonderland, excepts that I could really relate to.


~Goodbye Alice In Wonderland~

Fame is filled with spoiled children
They grow fat on fantasy I
guess that's why I'm leaving
I crave reality

So goodbye Alice in Wonderland
Goodbye yellow brick road
There is a difference between dreaming and pretending I did not find paradise
It was only a reflection of my lonely mind searching
For what was missing in my life

I'm embarassed to say the rest is a rock and roll cliche
I hit the bottom when I reached the top
I never knew it was you who was breaking my heart I thought you had to love me
You did not

Yes a heart can hallucinate
If it's completely starved for love
Can even make monsters seem like Angels from above

You forged my love like a weapon
And turned it against me like a knife
You broke my last heartstring
But you opened up my eyes

Dreaming is a good thing cause it brings new things to life
Pretending is an ending that perpetuates a lie
Forgetting what you are
Seeing for what you've been told
And growing up is not the absence of dreaming I
t's being able to understand the difference between the ones you can hold
And the ones that you've been sold

Well, truth is stranger than fiction
And this is my chance to get it right
Life is much better without all of your pretty lies

So Goodbye Alice in Wonderland
You can keep your yellow brick road
Cause there is a difference between dreaming and pretending
That was not love in your eyes
It was only a reflection of my lonely mind wanting
It was only a reflection of my lonely mind wishing
That you were what was missing from my life

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home